Training kits are taking over the World of Microcontroller
As most of you know, there is PIC Microcontroller as stand a lone Microcontroller and there is Arduino, Raspberry Pi and many other Microcontroller based training kits and board, but what makes every other board beats PIC Microcontroller is that they come with their already made training board, not at a chip.
[caption id="attachment_3370" align="alignleft" width="419"] Arduino Board[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_3371" align="alignright" width="255"] PIC Microcontroller[/caption]
How Pinguino Board offeres a solution
Pinguino came to solve this problem, it provides a state of the art board based on PIC Microship Microcontroller, with all necessary connections already made for you so you can connect it directly to computer and start writing and testing codes without any additional programmer or software, just like Arudino board.
[caption id="attachment_3372" align="aligncenter" width="320"] Pinguino[/caption]
What is Pinguino?
There are so many great platforms for creating digitally enabled devices that its gotten hard to figure out which one to use. Arduino is maybe one of the most famous but it is based on ATMEL Microcontrollers. The goal of this project is to bring the simplicity of Arduino language to the PIC ©Microchip Microcontrollers with buil-in USB hardware.
- An Open Source and Open Hardware project.
- An Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Is compatible both with 8-bit (PIC18F with built-in USB module only) and 32-bit (PIC32MX) ©Microchip Microcontrollers.
- It uses free and open source compilers (SDCC and gcc-mips-elf, a targeted version of gcc for PIC32 microcontrollers) available for GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
- Pinguino is an Arduino-Like project. It means Pinguino is almost 100% compatible with Arduino Language and Libraries.
Source : wiki.ping.uino
How can You get One and start using it?
First option is to download the CAD Files from the links below and start making your own board at home
Download CAD files and build your own Pinguino board.
- P 2550
- P 26J50
- P 4550
- P 45K50
- P 47J53
- P 32MX250
Purchase it Online from the official company website that provide the PCB design open source. (No Affiliate Links)
If you have any further question please ask in the comments below or contact me directly via email: email@example.com or skype:engasm89